This is a great source of protein, with minerals and vitamins with hardly any fat, and very easy to make, and great to take to work, school, picnics, and trips. I suggest this recipe to be consumed at lunch time or as in certain Mediterranean countries, it is eaten for breakfast since it’s very filling and can carry you on until lunch! You can also have it as side dish or appetizer before main course, if you wish.
- Prep Time
- 1 Medium Bowl
- (5 /5)
- 1 rating
- 3 to 5 cups Chick Peas (cooked or canned)
- 1/3 to 2/3 cups of Tahini (Sesame Cream)
- 1 Lemon(squeezed)
- 1/8 Tea Spoon Turmeric
- 4 to 6 Garlic cloves (pressed)
- 1/4 Tea spoon Sea Salt
- 1/4 cup of Chick Pea broth
- In a Mixer puree all the above ingredients (you may wish to pour 1/8 cup of broth at the bottom of your Mixer before you add all ingredients; this will facilitate the mixing evenly).
- Pour Hummus into your favorite clear or clay bow
- Recommended: Place black olives evenly on the hummus mix, some tomato wedges in between olives, and sprinkle some cayenne pepper and top it off with a tea spoon of finely chopped parsley.
- You may enjoy it with lightly toasted pita bread, and fresh glass of home made lemonade. Bon' Appetite!
- Servings : 3 - 4
- Ready in : 10 Minutes