In Europe and Russia potatoes are consumed frequently with different recipes that can be a complete meal by itself. Great source of carbohydrates, fresh herbs, and grains that can be prepared quickly if one does not feels like cooking a heavy meal, especially in Spring or Summer time.
Russian/European Potato Salad
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- 1 Large Bowl
- (5 /5)
- 1 rating
- 6 to 8 Medium Red Skin or Golden Potatoes (steamed)
- 1 cup of cooked Red Kidney Beans
- 1/4 Maui Onion (thinly sliced)
- 1 1/2 bunch of Green Onions (chopped finely)
- 1 bunch Parsley (chopped finely)
- 1 cup of Green or Black Olives
- 1 large Tomato (cut into wedges)
- 1 Lime (squeezed)
- 1/2 cup Olive Oil
- 1/2 Teaspoon Sea Salt
- 1/8 Teaspoon Cayenne pepper
- Steam potatoes in a pot.
- After potatoes cool, cut them into quarters with the skin, place them in a clear, serving glass bowl.
- Add all the above ingredients, then (to your taste) add: olive oil, squeezed lime juice, salt and pepper.
- Suggestion: Decorate your salad by arranging tomato wedges and olives in an attractive way. Enjoy it with French/Italian wine. Bon' Appetite!
- Servings : 2 to 3 People
- Ready in : 25 Minutes