Another great quick seafood recipe from clean lakes rich in protein, minerals, and vitamins with healthy fats. It is also simple and easy to prepare served with a traditional Persian (Province of Shiraz) salad which may be consumed for lunch or dinner.
Trout & Salad Shirazi
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- (5 /5)
- 1 rating
- One Rainbow Trout, fresh and wild (cleaned & butterflied)
- 1/4 cup Olive Oil/Grape seed oil
- 1/2 cup wheat germ
- 1/2 Tea spoon sea salt
- 1/8 Tea spoon Turmeric
- a pinch of Cayenne pepper
- For Salad Shirazi
- 1 Large cucumber (peeled and diced 1/4 inch cubes)
- 1 large firm Tomato (1/4 slices and diced 1/4 inch cubes)
- 1/2 Onion (sliced then diced 1/4 inch cubes)
- 1 bunch Parsley (finely chopped)
- 1 fresh Lime (squeezed)
- 3 to 4 Table spoons Olive oil
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Rinse and tap dry your Trout, then open and butterfly the fish, rub some olive oil on the back & inside fish.
- Combine wheat germ with sea salt, turmeric and pepper in a shallow dish.
- Drench the Trout fillet in the wheat germ mix and shake off excess mix.
- In a frying pan using 1/4 Olive or Grape seed oil, saute' fish until golden brown,and dish it.
- Mix the above Salad Shirazi ingredients with Olive oil and lime juice. Dish the preferred amount salad next to your Trout .
- You may enjoy it with white wine , Bon' Appetite. Remember to Exercise Daily
- Servings : 1
- Ready in : 25 Minutes